On July 8, 2019, shortly after 11:30 p.m., members of the Temiskaming Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a break, enter and theft that occurred in Cobalt, Ontario.
Officers conducted an investigation, identified the suspect and an arrest warrant was issued.
On July 28, 2019, members of the Temiskaming Detachment of the OPP observed the suspect on Highway 11 in Coleman Township. When officers attempted to arrest the suspect, officers were assaulted and the accused fled into the bush.
On August 14, 2019, the suspect was arrested in Quebec on outstanding warrants and transported to the Temiskaming Detachment.
As a result of police investigation, Jessica FADER, a 29-year-old Cobalt resident, has been arrested and charged with the following:
- Break, Enter Dwelling House – Commit Indictable Offence, contrary to section 348(1)(b) of the Criminal Code (CC);
- Theft Under $5000, contrary to section 334(b) of the CC;
- Resist Peace Officer, contrary to section 129(a) of the CC;
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance (three counts), contrary to section 145(3) of the CC; and
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order (four counts), contrary to section 733.1(1) of the CC.
The accused is being held in custody and is scheduled to attend the Ontario Court of Justice Bail Court on August 16, 2019, in the City of Temiskaming Shores.